The Naga People’s Front (NPF) has demanded immediate action in connection with the alleged killing of six Nagas in Manipur, claiming that more than three months have passed without “tangible action” despite names of persons allegedly involved in their abduction being submitted to law-enforcement agencies.
A delegation of the NPF, led by Vipopal Kintso, Vice President and in-charge of the party’s Manipur State Unit, visited Makhan village on August 10 and met displaced Naga families currently sheltered there.
According to the party, the shelter is home to more than 200 people, including the wives and children of the six Nagas who were allegedly killed.
The NPF said the delegation heard accounts from the displaced families and expressed concern over their condition.
The party also questioned the lack of progress in the case, stating that the names of persons allegedly involved in the abduction had already been submitted to law-enforcement agencies.
The NPF condemned the killings and called for immediate and expedited justice. It said failure to take action against those responsible could erode public confidence in the government and the administration of law and justice.
The party also appealed to the Government of Manipur to provide relief and rehabilitation to people affected by the ongoing unrest in the State “without fear or favour”.
It further urged the Government of India to intervene to help restore peace and harmony in Manipur.
The delegation included NPF Vice President Kekongchim Yimkhiung and Vice President Angyie Konyak.