Kohima, January 12 (MTNews): In view of the upcoming General Election to Nagaland Legislative Assembly 2023 and in compliance to the Election Commission’s instructions, the State Level Media Certification and Monitoring Committee (MCMC) has been constituted as under:
1. Chairman : V. Shashank Shekhar, IAS Chief Electoral Officer, Nagaland.
2. Member : One Observer appointed by the ECI stationed in Kohima.
3. Member : Dzüvinuo Theünuo, Additional Director & HoD,
Directorate of Information & Public Relations.
4. Member : K. Sonikumar Singh, Assistant Director, PIB Kohima.
5. Member : Alice Yhoshu, Journalist & President of Kohima Press Club.
6. Member Secretary : Alila Chang, Deputy Chief Electoral Officer & Media Nodal Officer, CEO’s Office.
7. Member : Tongtiliba Longkumer, Director, Directorate of Information Technology & Communication.
According to the notification, the State Level Appellate MCMC shall perform two sets of functions: Deciding appeal from both District and Certification Committee in the CEO’s Office of advertisement as per the Commission order Dated 15th April 2004; and Examining all cases of Paid News on appeal against the decision of District MCMC or cases taken up suo motu, in which case, it shall direct the concerned ROs to issue notices to the candidates.